Dominic Waughray is Senior Director and Head of Environment and Sustainability Initiatives for the World Economic Forum; responsible for the World Economic Forum’s agenda on environment and sustainability related issues including events (Davos Annual Meeting and regional summits), analysis (reports) and initiatives (multi-stakeholder projects). Focus areas include resource scarcity (water-food-energy linkages); water security; climate change and green investment; sustainable production and consumption. Previously, Managing Partner at Environmental Resources Management, a consultancy (1998-2005) and Senior Scientific Officer at the Natural Environment Research Council Institute of Hydrology, UK civil service (1994-1998).
- International Fellow of the International Institute of Environment and Development (IIED)
- Associate Fellow of the Royal Institute of International Affairs (Chatham House)
- Trustee of The Climate Group, an international NGO
- Vice-Chair of the Water Resources Group Executive Committee, an international public-private partnership on water hosted by the World Bank Group (IFC)
- Member of the UNFCCC Momentum for Change Advisory Panel, an initiative to help the UNFCCC Executive Secretary select and showcase the world’s most promising climate change mitigation and adaptation projects
Dominic Waughray perspectives
Water sustainability - both problems and solutions - have generally been seen as local. But when you take a global perspective, you see a new scale of challenge. Dominic Waughrey gives us 10 years to act...